Sunday 21 April 2013

Meet the Church Dogs

Hi Everyone! We are Cloë & Tallulah Belle and we call ourselves the Church Dogs! We have been wanting to do a blog for sometime but were having trouble getting our master to agree to it (you see we don't have an internet account and we aren't the best typists.) Today she agreed, God must have been talking really loudly to her at Mass today.

We go to Mass just about every Sunday with our master (she drives if it's raining or super cold) and many weekdays. We don't go inside of course, but we have excellent hearing so we learn a lot just by what we hear through the window. We wanted to start this blog to share some of what we have learned especially with all the kids out there.

But first we need to properly introduce ourselves. Cloë is older so she will go first.

My name is Cloë and I am a mixed breed. My mom is a black Shar Pei (you know the wrinkle dogs ) and my dad is a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. From the neck down I look just like my dad. My face isn't exactly like my mom's since I grew into most of my wrinkles but I have black dots on my tongue and I have a pretty wide nose and floppy jowls like her. I am five and half years old. I've been going to church with my master for almost five years!
This is me after a dip in the lake (you can see at least 2 of the black dots on my tongue.)

My turn!~My name is Tallulah Belle and I am a Belgian Shepherd, specifically a Malinois. When my master first got me from the Humane Society she thought I was a mix of German Shepherd and Collie - a common mistake. But nope I'm my own specific breed. I am not nearly as big as a German Shepherd and my colouring is a black face and tan body - the opposite of my German cousins. I am two and a half years old. I've been going to church with my master for two years and I have finally learned from Cloë that I have to sit, listen and wait and most importantly not bark during Mass. I do sometimes dig up the garden or lawn but my master does not seem to like that because she sure yelled at me earlier this week when I did this, she said our priest would be upset.
 


So here is what we learned at Mass this morning. Today is the fourth Sunday of Easter - we know we couldn't believe that Easter was more than one day either. Actually Easter goes on for 50 days!! This particular Sunday is often called Shepherd Sunday. The reason is that the Gospel talks about Jesus being the shepherd and all of us being his sheep.

Hey Cloë, I know all about sheep because I was originally bred to help herd the sheep in Belgium, it's a very important job! I make sure all the sheep stay near the master and are safe, just like Jesus.

You are right Tallulah. But the most important thing that Jesus told us today is that he knows every single one of us and that he gives us eternal life.

Wow Cloë that is amazing, that must be why I had an extra spring in my step today.

Until next time it's Cloë and Tallulah signing off - Woof!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for starting this blog. Martha the dog on tv speaks too. She only talks when she eats alphabet soup. Do you two eat alphabet soup ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't since our master does not like alphabet soup - but I am sure we would love it if she ever gave it to us. We do like Alpha Bits Cereal.

    ReplyDelete